SBF Foundation Empathy Series 2021
Taking place last Friday of every month from Jan 2021.
You will learn about disabilities, the strengths of people in need or what it takes to create kindness culture in the workplace and others.
The Art of Care: Empathy
This workshop delves into the concept of empathy and the different ways it can be expressed. Its link to mental health will be explored, looking at the importance of both of these for individuals, organisations and the beneficiaries we serve.
We will practice enhancing empathy in our interactions and examine some of the ways in which we can miss opportunities for connection.
The art of care will be discussed against a backdrop of the beneficiary experiencing mental health distress. Knowledge is key in the service of others and participants will be introduced to some of the needs, help and support available for this group of individuals.
For more information, please contact [email protected]
Renay Pereira is a Social Worker and CAL’s Outreach Manager for the corporate sector. Before holding this portfolio, she served as a Caregiver Support Specialist for two years while based at the Institute of Mental Health and Khoo Teck Puat Hospital. She has also spent time at Child Protective Service under the Ministry of Social and Family Development as part of her social work training.
Renay earned a Graduate Diploma in Social Work and is currently completing a master’s degree in the same field at the Singapore University of Social Sciences. She also has degrees from the National University of Singapore in Economics and English at a bachelor’s level, and a Master of Arts in English Studies.
Prior to joining the social service sector, Renay was an educator at Singapore Polytechnic as well as at the National University of Singapore. She sat on the Management Committee of the Eurasian Association which is one of the four self-help groups in Singapore and headed their Youth Committee as Chairman.
She is a passionate advocate for caregivers, mental wellness and for environments in which people can thrive.
- Please log on with your Username and Password to register. If you have no existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF), please create one for registration.
- Upon registration, you can make payment directly by PayPal (for Credit / Debit Card), PayNow Corporate or Bank Transfer. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of this change, giving at least 3 working days’ notice prior to the date of the workshop to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Full payment must be received with registration prior to the date of the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Admission into the workshop is only allowed if payment / proof of payment has been received prior to the day.
- Participants will still be liable for payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the workshop.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel, postpone, reschedule or make any adjustments to the workshop where necessary
Select one of the following electronic payment options available (Please key in the invoice number for our reference)
- PayPal (pay by Credit or Debit card)
- PayNow Corporate (UEN: T02SS0073H)
- Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
Ref No : SB210531
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.