REGISTRATION CLOSED ON 20 DECEMBER, 6.00PM
Business Mission to Vijayawada, India in conjunction with High-Level Visit
(8 – 11 January 2019)
The Singapore Business Federation (SBF) will be convening a Business Mission to Vijayawada, in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India, from 8 – 11 January 2019. The mission is in conjunction with a high-level visit, and is supported by the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI), Amaravati Partnership Office (APO), and Enterprise Singapore (ESG).
Through a G-to-G collaboration between Singapore and Andhra Pradesh, a Singapore Consortium formed by Ascendas-Singbridge and Sembcorp, Amaravati Development Partners (ADP), will be developing a 6.84 km2 Start-up development in the greenfield capital city of Amaravati in Vijayawada. This site will be the central business district. The Start-up will be constructed in a phased manner from Phase 0 to 3 over a period of 15 to 20 years.
The development of Amaravati will generate business opportunities in urban planning, construction, smart technology, environmental solution, security and other sectors.
Sectors of Focus will include the following. Other sectors may also be considered depending on delegation composition.
Food and Agribusiness
Construction and Infrastructure
Technology and Innovation
Highlights of the Mission
“Doing Business in Andhra Pradesh” Seminar, for Singapore firms to better understand the business environment, including tax, manpower, policies and potential projects in Amaravati / Andhra Pradesh
Networking opportunities with high-level Singapore and India government officials, and local business counterparts
Meetings with main Amaravati government agencies such as: Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board (AP EDB), Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority (APCRDA), Andhra Pradesh Township and Infrastructure Co Ltd, Andhra Pradesh Urban Infrastructure and Asset Management Limited, Andhra Pradesh Non-Resident Telugu (APNRT) etc
Meetings and site visits with local conglomerates such as Amara Raja, GMR, Malaxmi Group, VH Group, Gayatri Group etc
To register your interest, please contact Teo Chi Howe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Key Facts on Andhra Pradesh
- Under the leadership of Chief Minister Mr Chandrababu Naidu, transforming to be a leading global investment destination by 2050
- Ranked no. 1 in Ease of Doing Business by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) in association with the World Bank
- 8th largest state in India by size, with 4% of India’s total population (approx. 50 million)
- GSDP in 2016-17 was USD 108 billion, around USD 1,500 per capita
- Abundant natural resources like minerals, oil and gas, marine and agro produces, and thriving industries such as food processing, pharmaceuticals, textile, biotechnology, aerospace and defence manufacturing
- 2nd largest maritime state after Gujarat in terms of cargo handled by minor ports, and 3rd largest maritime state after Gujarat and Maharashtra in terms of overall cargo handled
- One major port –Visakhapatnam (Vizag) and five minor ports – Krishnapatnam, Gangavaram, Kakinada Deep Water port, Kakinada Anchorage and Rawa. AP will have 14 ports by 2029 in its effort to be India’s “Gateway to the East”