Singapore Business Federation is organizing a Business Mission to the United Arab Emirates from 23 – 29 March 2019 (travel dates inclusive). The delegation will be visiting Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Fujairah
This mission aims to gain a first-hand understanding of the market dynamics and emerging sectors, and establish useful business and official contacts through SBF’s network of business chambers and associations, investment promotion & economic development agencies as well as professional service multipliers.
The following sector-specific industry tracks are being arranged. Other industry tracks may also be included, which will be dependent on the final delegation’s industry composition and relevance.
Mission Program Highlights
Briefing sessions on the market’s’ latest developments, investment and business opportunities, tax and legal system, industry specific overviews and insights
Meetings and site visits with various local conglomerates and government ministries where relevant
Business matching and networking with members of the respective local business communities, and representatives of the chambers and associations, government ministries and key conglomerates
Please contact Ms Stella Ng (firstname.lastname@example.org / 6827 6842) or Mr Alan Tan (email@example.com / 6827 6894) to indicate your participation interest,
and to be kept updated on latest details of the program and costs.
Key Facts about the United Arab Emirates
- A member state of the Greater Area Free Trade Area (GAFTA) provides access to the Arab Market with a population of over 260million
- The GCC-Singapore FTA grants 99 percent of tariff lines for Singapore goods exported to the GCC tariff-free concessions
- Singapore companies can easily choose amongst the 30 plus free zones that the UAE has to set up a company, a branch or a representative office
- UAE has the second-largest economy in the Arab world. GDP in 2017 recorded at USD382 billion and is expected to remain above 3 percent for 2018 and 2019.
- EXPO 2020, the third largest global event after Olympic games and FIFA world cup, will attract more than 25 million visitors from 180 different countries. This major event will leave a significant impact on UAE's economic growth.
- Sectors of Opportunity
- Consumer goods, Oil and Gas equipment, Information and Communications Technology, Airport and Ancillary Facilities, Construction / Architectural Services, Urban Development, Franchising, Waste Management, and Healthcare.