Andhra Pradesh, the eighth largest state in India, is endowed with agrarian, natural, and mineral resources, and is blessed with the second longest coastline (974 km) in the country. The state has a very strong agrarian base, and more importantly, a very large English-speaking human resource base.
The opportunities for investment are plenty in the state. Amaravati, a futuristic capital city is being built from ground up in association with Japan and Singapore. Furthermore, the upcoming three industrial corridors across the state are set to provide a great economic boost to the region. The Government of Andhra Pradesh has undertaken multiple forward looking initiatives to facilitate investments.
Blessed with a strong leadership, transparent governance, and best-in-class policies, Andhra Pradesh boasts of providing a conducive environment for businesses and investors to flourish. Tremendous opportunities exist for businesses to venture in Andhra Pradesh in various sectors, infrastructure development, and Amravati – the people’s capital.
- Opportunities for Singapore companies in Andhra Pradesh
- Taxation and Labour laws consideration
- Ports and logistics facilities in supporting the industries
- Case study from Singapore company who have ventured into Andhra Pradesh
Some interesting facts :
- Andhra Pradesh State, India is working closely with Singapore to develop the new capital city of Amaravati - a Futuristic world-class smart city in 55,000 acres, with land pooling of over 33,000 acres.
- The 1st State to set up e- Governance system to effectively monitor departmental key performance indicators.
- Andhra Pradesh is ranked 1st among Indian states for ease of doing business by World Bank for innovative policies and processes.
- Andhra Pradesh is 1st state in south India to offer 24x7 power to industry, commercial and domestic users.
- Well managed private port - Navayuga Container Terminal (formerly Krishnapatnam Port) hit the 500,000 TEU milestone in FY 2019, an almost 9-fold increase in handled containers in the 5-year period starting from 58,577 TEUs in FY 2013-14.
* Please Sign In to register for the event or visit www.sbf.org.sg – Click Activities <
* Complimentary Invite
- Priority is given to SBF member, and is on a first-come-first-served basis.
Time and Venue
8.30 am – 12.30 pm
Singapore Business Federation
160 Robinson Road, Level 6, SBF Center