Myanmar: Riding the Wave of Consumerism
24 – 29 June • Yangon
This Overseas Market Workshop is jointly organised by Enterprise Singapore (ESG) and Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
Myanmar is currently experiencing a youth bulge where 36% of the population belongs to the 10-29 age group, followed by 27% belonging to the 30–49 age group. These age groups present not just a young and aspiring workforce but also a significant untapped consumer base for companies to target.
As of January 2018, smartphone penetration reached 79% since the liberalisation of the telecom industry in 2013. The young and connected generation are characterised as ‘voracious consumers’ and with higher affinity for foreign brands, are expected to drive consumer spending going forward.
While social media has played an increasingly important role in customer engagement, foreign companies should integrate both online and offline marketing to better reach out to consumers from all walks of life.
Companies interested in this market will need to highlight the value of their products/services to educate the local consumer. Targeted customer engagement strategies will be more impactful in a segregated complex market such as Myanmar. Consumer firms such as Ya Kun Coffee, Charles & Keith, Iora and Western food restaurant Aston's have all established local outlets to better cater to the local demand.
Join this trip to understand why you need to have a presence in Myanmar if your business depends on the fast-growing consumption power of its youthful and hardworking population.
Seats are limited and based on first come first serve basis.
- Understand latest development and gain insights on Myanmar’s consumer sector
- Appreciate Myanmar’s government policy impacting foreign investors and businessmen.
- Explore potential business partnerships and opportunities with business leaders and decision makers
- Updates and analyses by relevant industry experts and field learning
- Relevant policies and incentives updates by local government agencies
- Networking sessions with local and Singapore business community in Yangon
- Industry visits and sharing sessions by local and foreign corporations in Myanmar
Who should participate?
- Business owners, senior executives and professionals from the retail, F&B, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, services, logistics, trade and manufacturing sectors.Individuals not from these sectors but interested to understand the consumer landscape in Myanmar are also encouraged to participate.
Registration is now open!
If you are interested to attend the Overseas Market Workshop in Myanmar, please submit your registration by 8 June 2018 (Friday).
S$4,400 per participant (inclusive of lectures, seminars, company visits, scheduled meals, ground transport, & 5 night’s hotel accommodation, inclusive of breakfast). Final course fee due per participant after deducting government subsidy is S$1,300 nett.
Airfares & personal expenditure are not included. These expenses shall be borne by participants. No GST imposed since this is an overseas programme.
Full payment of the course fee must be received by SBF within 10 days upon successful registration.
A maximum of 30 participants will be accepted into the programme.
Chi Howe Teo (Mr.)
Tel: +65 6827 6855