PHILIPPINES (MANILA AND DAVAO):
RETAIL SECTOR AND ITS ECOSYSTEM
9 - 12 September 2019 • Manila & Davao
This Overseas Market Workshop is jointly organised by Enterprise Singapore (ESG) and Singapore Business Federation (SBF).
A huge, young and growing consumer base in Philippines is fuelling the growth of retailers in the country. Some retailers are expanding outside of Philippines’s National Capital Region to cities such as Davao, Cebu and Baguio. To support the growing requirements by the retailers in Philippines, depth and breath of its supporting industries needs to be expanded.
Join us to learn and experience the ecosystem of Philippines’s retail industry in Manila and Davao.
- The Philippines is the 2nd largest country in ASEAN with a population size of about 105 million people, of which, 75% are below the age of 40.
- Increase in consumption power, as well as, demand for better goods and services in Philippines is driven by the thriving business process outsourcing industry (growing at 9.6%) and remittance from overseas Filipino workers (growing at 5.3%).
- Malls are excellent place for Filipinos to socialise, shop and eat. They want to touch and feel what they are buying. Big domestic corporations dominate mall ownership in the Philippines, with the four largest family-owned conglomerates operating 185 malls in 2017.
- On the other hand, e-commerce is budding in Philippines with brick and mortar retailers reaching out to consumers through existing platforms such as Shopee, Lazada and Zalora. Currently capturing about 2% of total retail value, e-commerce is set to grow as infrastructure and connectivity improves.
- Understand the workings and practices within the ecosystem of Philippines’sconsumer sector
- Obtain the latest development on Philippines’s consumer sector
- Appreciate Philippines’s government policy impacting investors and businessmen
- Explore potential business partnerships and opportunities with business leaders and decision makers
Who should participate?
- Business Owners, Decision Makers, Senior executives from Singapore-based companies which are providing goods and services to the retail industry or are planning to sell direct to consumers in Philippines. This includes but not limited to companies in – Retail, Restaurants, Logistics, Digital, Finance, Food manufacturing, Distributors etc.
Registration is now open!
If you are interested to attend the Overseas Market Workshop to the Philippines, please write to:
Mr. Derrick Lim
Ms. Loi Min Qian
Course fee to be advised at a later date.