This 1-day seminar is a practical course specially designed to provide participants with the knowledge to:
- provide alternative ways to consider financing in imports & exports
- use trade finance products as a financing tools for business
- know the factors involved in the payment decision, the risks to consider, and sources to contact for alternative financing programmes
- understand different types of financing in diagram form
Participants will learn about the key financing for their import and export. Different methods of alternative finance, such as import & export financing will be discussed. Participants will work on case studies to gain experience on obtaining or providing alternative finance facilities to meet their own needs or their customers.
On completion of thecourse, participants will be able to:
- Acquire the necessary background information to gain an understanding of alternative finance in trade
- To know more about trade financing from banks, financial institutions and government agencies
- Find out ways to obtain financing to start their own business
1. Overview on Business Financing Bank Advances
- Difference between prime interest rate and inter-bank offer rate for borrowing
- How to obtain bank finances and make presentation on borrowings to banks
- 7Cs of Credit considered by banks
- Granting Loan facilities process
2. Import Financing
- Trust Receipt Financing
- Accounts receivable financing
3. Export Financing
- Factoring and Invoice Discounting
b) Factoring in practice
c) Advantages and Disadvantages
b) Forfeiting in practice
d) Forfeiting rules and guidelines
Lecture, Case-studies and Q&As
Who Should Attend
- Professionals from banking, trade and commerce who are new to financing in import & export
- Banks and corporate who wish to acquire practical knowledge in the application and structuring of different import and export financing
- Businessman who will be looking for another avenue of financing for their current businesses
Olivia Chan has more than 25 years of experience in stand-up lecturing and training for foreign universities, training institutes and banks in area of finance. Awarded Fellow (the highest a grade of membership) by Chartered Institute of Bankers' Council (UK) giving recognition to status in banking profession and commemorating contribution to the important area of banking education.
*Information is correct at the time of print
Day/Date: 10 Dec 2018, Mon
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Fee per pax (incl. GST): S$420.00 (Member ) | S$530.00 (Non-Member)
Venue : 160 Robinson Road, SBF Center, #06-01, Singapore 068914
For more information, please contact:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Ms. Josephine Ong)
Call: 6701 1135
Please email to email@example.com to reserve a seat, this will be followed by a confirmation email.
Upon confirmation, please prepare a cheque to SBF (refer to address on above letterhead).
Cheque should be made payable to “Singapore Business Federation”. Please indicate the Ref No. and company’s name, participant’s name at the back of the cheque.
- Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. No cancellation will be allowed upon registration, but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is allowed. We regret that no refund and full fees will be charged for cancellation or non-attendance.
- Confirmation of your registration will be emailed to your company upon receipt of full payment.
NOTE: As a precautionary measure, our advice is for members who are unwell not to attend the session.
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these event. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.