Strategic Supply Chain Management
||1 Apr 2019 (Mon)
||9.00 am - 5.00 pm
||160 Robinson Road #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
|Fee per pax
(inclusive of GST)
||Participants can enjoy e2i course fee support of $15/hour per pax for this workshop following the completion of the workshop, subject to the following criteria:
• Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents
• Participants and/or the Company do not receive any other government funding for this workshop
• Full personal details and NRIC to be provided upon request for verification on eligibility
SBF Member (Before Funding) - S$428
(After Funding) - S$323
Non Member (Before Funding) - S$535
(After Funding) - S$430
-NTUC members may also apply for UTAP to offset the course fee
-Upon completion of the workshop, the participant will be granted an attendance certificate.
This course is designed for Operations, purchasing, inventory control and transportation managers who want to ensure high customer-service levels and reduce total cost of ownership. The participants will gain a deeper understanding of the role supply chains in a company’s overall business strategy. The course offers an opportunity to gain an awareness of the scope of supply chain and an understanding of the concepts of logistics, procurement and warehousing.
Compare supply chains, supply network and supply chain management
- Defining supply chains, supply networks and supply chain management
- The use of supplier tiering and network sourcing
Contribution of strategic supply chain management to corporate and business strategy
-Creating sources of competitive advantage such as cost, improved quality, time to market, product and service differentiation
- Enterprise profit optimisation
- The use of outsourcing to achieve competitive advantage
- Offshoring and sourcing from low cost countries
- Quality improvement methodologies in the supply chain
- Identifying value added activities and the value chain in supply chain networks
Achieving lean and agile supply chains
- Comparing lean and agile supply chains by variety and volume.
- Implementing lean supply and lean thinking
- Matching supply with demand
- The impact of promotions and causal events on demand
- Improving demand planning accuracy and the use of statistical forecasting
- The use of technology to communicate data in supply chains
Analyse the main approaches to measuring supply chain performance
- Measuring processes and the use of key performance indicators (KPIs) in supply chain management
- Measure of organisational, functional, team and individual performance
- The use of surveys to obtain feedback
- Applying balanced scorecards in the supply chain
Cost reduction activities for a supply chain to achieve competitive advantage
- Supplier rationalisation and aggregation of requirements
- The risks and benefits associated with single sourcing arrangements
- Negotiating reductions in prices and costs
- Collaborative and competitive models of supply
- Value analysis and value engineering
Who Should Attend
Operations, purchasing, inventory control and transportation managers who want to ensure delivery of high customer-service satisfaction and reduce total cost of ownership.
Pavan Sharma has 20 years of international experience in engineering, logistics and supply chain, process improvement, business development, corporate training and consultancy with ten years of managing at top level. He is a proven leader and excellent contributor to organisational goals in increasing revenue and controlling costs.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/SBFPortal/Sign_In.aspx with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with SBF
- Upon registration, please make payment using credit card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration, but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is welcomed. Please notify SBF of the change at least 3 days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- Singapore Business Federation (SBF) reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other payment modes:
1) Electronic Payment
Internet banking services with UOB or DBS via Billing Organization.
2) VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
3) Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to: 160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant name at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along the cheque on the day of workshop.
NOTE : To safeguard the well-being of all participants, we advise members who are feeling unwell to refrain from attending the session
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.