Commercial risk management covers a whole range of issues and this course provides a framework for understanding and controlling risk in the most appropriate ways.
Equally suited to companies as suppliers or customers, it is focused on ensuring that risk management does not become an internal industry but a cost-effective part of commercial relationships that exist and are developed.
1. Analysing areas that expose companies to commercial risk
2. How Regulations Affect Companies in Risk management
3. What techniques can be deployed to reduce risk and issues
4. Ensuring companywide appreciation of the importance of assessing commercial risk at all stages
5. How to mitigate and the methods of eliminating commercial risk
6. Understanding what is not revealed in International Contracts
7. How to deal with issues if the risk is assessed to be high
8. Methods of negotiation and settling risk issues
9. Understanding culture and continuity of business
Who Should Attend
Contract Managers, Engineers, Surveyors, Contract Administrators, Contractors, Subcontractors, Engineers, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Financial Advisors and others who are involved in contract work
David Shanmugam holds a Bachelor of Law degree from the University of London and Master of Business Administration degree from Victoria University. He has many years of legal practice in the private sector and is presently working in a legal firm. David is also an Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore
He regularly conducts legal seminars and workshops for directors, HR and finance professionals on business and company law as well as various practical legal issues faced by corporate individuals. His forte is in the field of corporate and commercial drafting of contracts, including commercial company matters.
Fee Per Pax
(inclusive of GST)
20 March 2019 (Wed)
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
160 Robinson Road #06-01, SBF Center
SBF Member - $428
Non-Member - $535
Fee include course materials, lunch & tea breaks
Upon completion of the workshop, each participant will receive a certificate of attendance
- Please log on to https://login.sbf.org.sg/SBFPortal/Sign_In.aspx with your Username and Password to register. Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
- Upon registration, please make payment using credit card via the online payment platform. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration, but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is welcomed. Please notify SBF of the change at least 3 days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
1) Electronic Payment
Internet banking services with UOB or DBS via Billing Organization.
2) VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
3) Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and mail it to 160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant name at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along the cheque on the day of workshop.
For more information, contact Josephine Lin at email@example.com l 6701 1131
Note : To safeguard the well-being of all participants, we advise members who are feeling unwell to refrain from attending the workshop.
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.