Having good knowledge and understanding of Business Laws for those involved in running a company is important and crucial. Gone are the days when business decisions were made without having proper knowledge of Business Laws. Very often, Executives, Directors and Finance personnel and company secretary are unsure whether the decision arrived was legal and sound within the boundaries of the laws.
Participants can look forward to be taught key legislation including basic company law relevant to their daily work. This full day course will consist of practical discussion, case studies and negotiation exercises which would better illustrate to participants on how company decisions can be executed when applying these principles. At the end of the course, participants will be able to :
1. Appreciate business law and its basic principles
2. Understand relevant legislations
3. Make appropriately sound business decisions by applying those key principles
- The Singapore Legal System and its importance
- Sources of Singapore business law
- Sale of Goods Act
- Agency and its Application
- Basic principles of Directors' duties
- Key element of contract law
- Resolving business and alternative business model
- Basic principles of business agreements and governance
Who Should Attend
Business owners, contract managers, company executives and secretary or professionals in finance involved in the administration of an organisation.
David Shanmugam holds a Bachelor of Law degree from the University of London and Master of Business Administration degree from Victoria University. He has many years of legal experience in the private sector and is presently working in a law firm. David is also an Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore.
He regularly conducts legal seminars and workshops for senior management, directors, HR and Finance professionals on business and company law as well as various practical legal issues facing the corporate field. His forte is in the areas of corporate and commercial drafting of contracts including company matters.
Fee Per Pax
(inclusive of GST)
26 March 2019 (Tue)
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
160 Robinson Road #06-01, SBF Center
SBF Member - $428
Non-Member - $535
Fee include course materials, lunch & tea break
Upon completion of the workshop, each participant will receive a certificate of attendance
- Please log on to https://login.sbf.org.sg/SBFPortal/Sign_In.aspx with your Username and Password to register. Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
- Upon registration, please make payment using credit card via the online payment platform. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- A registration confirmation email will be sent to the registered participant closer to the course date.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration, but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is welcomed. Please notify SBF of the change at least 3 days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
1) Electronic Payment
Internet banking services with UOB or DBS via Billing Organization.
2) VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
3) Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and mail it to 160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant name at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along the cheque on the day of workshop.
For more information, contact Josephine Lin at email@example.com l 6701 1131
Note : To safeguard the well-being of all participants, we advise members who are feeling unwell to refrain from attending the workshop.
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.