Many assignments are undertaken by way of a service level agreement including sale and purchase agreements. Having a proper understanding and appreciation of various clauses and templates is important when entering into any of these contractual agreements.
In this course, participants will be introduced to the various skills on how these agreements will be secured, including techniques on how to draft and vet these agreements. This course will consist of practical discussion, case studies and negotiation exercises to better illustrate to the participants on how these agreements can be secured.
- Key points in Sale Purchase (SP) and Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- The commercial considerations when vetting through these agreements
- Ensuring key contractual terms in SP and SLA
- Indemnity and Warranty Clauses and its interpretations and implications
- Role of insurance in settling commercial risks
- Undertaking clauses in service including SP agreement
- Limiting liability in these agreements
- Art of negotiating in SP and SLA agreements
- Arbitration Clause and Governing Laws
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism
Who Should Attend
Senior management executives, contract managers, programme liaison managers, project management teams, finance and banking executives/advisors.
David Shanmugam holds a Bachelor of Law degree from the University of London and Master of Business Administration degree from Victoria University. He has many years of legal experience in the private sector and is presently working in a law firm. David is also an Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore.
He regularly conducts legal seminars and workshops for senior management, directors, HR and Finance professionals on business and company law as well as various practical legal issues facing the corporate field. His forte is in the areas of corporate and commercial drafting of contracts including company matters.
Fee Per Pax
(inclusive of GST)
25 March 2019 (Mon)
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
160 Robinson Road #06-01, SBF Center
SBF Member :
Before e2i course fee support funding - $428
After e2i course fee support funding - $323
Before e2i course fee support funding - $535
After e2i course fee support funding - $430
e2i course fee support funding = $15/hr per pax subject to the following criterias :
- Participant is/are Singaporeans or Singapore PRs
- Participant and/or the Company is not receiving any other government support funding
To apply for funding, email Josephine Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee include course materials, lunch & tea breaks
Upon completion of the workshop, each participant will receive a certificate of attendance
- Please log on to https://login.sbf.org.sg/SBFPortal/Sign_In.aspxwith your Username and Password to register. Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF).
- Upon registration, you can make payment using credit card via our online payment platform. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is welcomed. Please notify SBF of the change giving at least 3 days’ prior notice to event date to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement to be made.
- Full payment is required with registration and must be received prior the workshop to guarantee your place. Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the workshop or on event day.
- Participant will still be liable for full payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the workshop.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the workshop.
1) Electronic Payment
Internet banking services with UOB or DBS via Billing Organization.
2) VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
3) Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and mail it to 160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant name at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along your cheque on the day of workshop.
For more information, contact Josephine Lin at email@example.com l 6701 1131
Note : To safeguard the well-being of all participants, we advise members who are feeling unwell to refrain from attending the workshop.
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.