Crisis Communication Workshop for Workplace Community Leaders (WCLs)
by Invitation ONLY
||14 Feb 2019 (Thu)
||9.00am - 5.00pm
-Upon completion of the workshop, the participant will be granted an attendance certificate.
A crisis can erupt anytime. The chaos can affect any private or public organisation, impacting a wide range of stakeholders. It can potentially upset an organisation’s employees, customers, operations, reputation or the international community. The key is to be well prepared for such eventuality.
During these challenging times, crisis communications is critical. The senior leaders and management will have to actively front public and media queries, manage the morale of their officers and public sentiments, especially in an unexpected and probably an unprecedented crisis, where they may not have any familiar experiences to tap on.
The workshop will provide a better understanding of the following:
A) the dynamics in play in managing crisis communication, such as identifying and managing the interests of different stakeholders, framing and positioning the context of the crisis, appropriate engagement of political office holders, engaging the mainstream media, use of social media etc;
B) gaps in self, such as lack of empathy, being evasive in response, overpromise, inconsistent messages, lack of cooperation across departments etc; and
C) the importance of building and maintaining close ties with both government agencies and external stakeholders.
The workshop will focus on the two areas:
1. Crisis situation assessment: sensitisation to organisational imperatives and larger national interests in times of crisis, decision-making in managing crisis communications; and
2. Strategic communications/engagements: strategies for stakeholder management, media engagement, message framing, message customisation for new and traditional media, managing adverse publicity
The workshop will cover a lecture on the core contents on the overview of crisis communications and group discussions on how to manage the scenario. The scenario will cover the following topics:
a. Crisis issues management;
b. Crisis Response Plan;
c. Alignment with national crisis plans and interests
d. Crafting effective and targeted key messages ;
e. Role of the Spokesperson;
f. Managing the traditional media and social media - Understanding the media’s angle and agenda, responding to difficult media questions and dealing with speculation, rumours and misinformation; and
g. Managing the expectations and concerns of various stakeholders
*Programme information is accurate at the time of print
The trainer has wide experience in crisis and emergency planning, and crisis management of national level crises. She has served in the Singapore public sector for 35 years in various appointments. She was the Director of Public Communications, Director of Corporate Communications, the Press Secretary to the Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts and Director of Emergency Preparedness.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/SBFPortal/Sign_In.aspx with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with SBF
- Upon registration, please make payment using credit card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration, but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is welcomed. Please notify SBF of the change at least 3 days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- Singapore Business Federation (SBF) reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
If you have further enquiries or clarifications, please contact email@example.com (ATTN: Eady NG) | 6827 6867
Ref No.: SB190176
NOTE : To safeguard the well-being of all participants, we advise members who are feeling unwell to refrain from attending the session
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.