Myanmar is opening up more ways for inflow of foreign investment and has significantly relaxed certain restrictions sought to protect its domestic market. Many investors, however, may not be fully aware of the new ways and areas of investing in Myanmar under the new regulatory regime introduced by the new Myanmar Companies laws in August 2018.
This half day workshop aims to provide guidance to companies and businesses considering venturing into Myanmar to explore new options available when they enter into this new frontier. This would be an interesting and interactive session for the companies to engage in deep discussion on real issues, challenging obstacles that they may come across in doing business with the locals.
1. Myanmar's investment laws and new changes to the retail and wholesale landscape
2. Significant changes under new Myanmar Companies Act
3. Strategies and tools to safeguard foreign investors under the new company law regime
4. Looking beyond the legal aspects - sharing of real business cases and experiences of doing businesses in Myanmar
Who Should Attend
Senior or middle management staff of local businesses looking to venture into Myanmar as their next potential market expansion
Florence Goh is partner and the Head of Corporate department of Joseph Tan Jude Benny LLP. Her area of expertise cover a broad spectrum of corporate work which includes negotiating and advising her clients on cross border deals for foreign investments, joint ventures, collaborations, mergers and acquisitions in various countries including Myanmar and Indonesia. Her area of practice also expanded into the digital space where she assists clients to venture into Fintech and e-commerce online businesses.
With her years of work involving Myanmar, she is well positioned to provide direction and offer professional consulting and legal advice to anyone keen to venture into the new land of opportunities within the new regulatory framework.
Fee Per Pax
(inclusive of GST)
29 May 2019 (Wed)
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
160 Robinson Road #06-01, SBF Center
SBF Member - $295
Non-Member - $395
Fee include course materials & tea break
Upon completion of the workshop, each participant will receive a certificate of attendance
- Please log on to https://login.sbf.org.sg/SBFPortal/Sign_In.aspxwith your Username and Password to register. Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF).
- Upon registration, you can make payment using credit card via our online payment platform. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is welcomed. Please notify SBF of the change giving at least 3 days’ prior notice to event date to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement to be made.
- A registration confirmation email will be sent to the registered participant closer to the course date.
- Full payment is required with registration and must be received prior the workshop to guarantee your place. Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the workshop or on event day.
- Participant will still be liable for full payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the workshop.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the workshop.
1) Electronic Payment
Internet banking services with UOB or DBS via Billing Organization.
2) VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
3) Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and mail it to 160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant name at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along the cheque on the day of workshop.
For more information, contact Josephine Lin at email@example.com l 6701 1131
Note : To safeguard the well-being of all participants, we advise members who are feeling unwell to refrain from attending the workshop.
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.