Today's world of globalization and technological advancements emphasizes the importance of quality interpersonal communications. Inter-cultural communication skills are becoming perhaps more important than before in this time of an increasingly multicultural workforce and extensive travels for businesses.
This workshop is designed to help you to meet the challenges of a diverse workforce in which, increasingly, you will be asked to interact with people who are unlike you in fundamental ways. Its overarching goals are to help you become more sensitive to inter-cultural communication differences, and to provide you with the knowledge and skills that will help you interact successfully with people from cultures other than your own.
Packed with strategies, insights and useful information, this programme provides you with practical tools you need to improve your intercultural communication adaptability and skills. It will enable you to gain more success in, and indeed, more pleasure from your intercultural encounters.
Upon completion of the programme, participants should be able to :
- Define what intercultural communication is
- Explain the business advantages of having a multicultural workforce
- Understand the role and impact of culture on business communication
- Describe Hofstede's four cultural dimensions and their impact on communication
- Analyze the dynamics of intercultural interactions
- Solve social and ethical challenges in cross-cultural business communication
- Plan strategies for success in intercultural interaction
- Apply and adapt in intercultural interactions more confidently and resourcefully
- Develop an action plan to improve your communication skills
- Fundamentals of intercultural communication in business
- What are the cultural values in a social setting?
- Impact of culture on business communications
- Composition and significance of cultural identities
- Types of intercultural communication
- Classifying major cultural values underlying different behaviours
- Cultural communication barriers in the workplace
- Non-verbal communication in different cultures
- Ethics in intercultural communication
- Intercultural communication : challenges and pitfalls
- Working on common cross-cultural communication challenges
- Resolving conflicts among cross-cultural employees
- Communicating effectively with diverse audiences
- The making of a successful intercultural communicator
- Personal learning and action plan
This programme is suitable for executives, managers or other staffs with new communication challenges.
- Practice of intercultural communication skills and strategies
- Discuss and share real life experiences
- Individual and team exercises
- Case studies and presentations
- Video-clip simulations
Cidi is trained in the area of People Development in the UK. He possesses a Master of Science Degree in Training from the University of Leicester (UK). He also holds an Advanced Diploma in Administrative Management (UK). Cidi is a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (UK) and is a member founder of the Institute of Leadership and Management (UK). He also holds Fellowship with the Institute of Administrative Management (UK).
Cidi is a DiSC® Certified Human Behaviour Analyst and an Accredited Administrator for the FIRO-B® and the MBTI® personality type profiling instruments. He is also a People Developer Consultant and WDA-ACTA Certified Trainer and Assessor.
*Programme is accurate at the time of print
Day/Date: 23 April 2019, Tue
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fee per pax (incl. GST): S$420.00(Member) | S$530.00(Non-Member)
Venue : 160 Robinson Road, #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Other payment modes:
1) Electronic Payment
Internet banking services with UOB or DBS via Billing Organization.
2) VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
3) Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to:
160 Robinson Rd #06-01
SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant name at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along the cheque on the day of workshop.
If you have further enquires or clarifications, please contact email@example.com | 6701 1135
NOTE: As a precautionary measure, our advice is for members who are unwell not to attend the session.
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The Information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these event. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.