International businesses recognize no boundaries in winning new business or securing new strategic partnerships. It does, however, recognize that each country and culture is different. As a result, different business and negotiation skills are required.
This Cross-Cultural Business Negotiation workshop helps people to have a better understanding of when and how cultural differences are likely to influence the different dimensions of a negotiation - the people, problems and processes. Armed with that understanding, your awareness, preparation and strategy will be enhanced when you are faced with negotiators from other cultures and regions.
Upon completion of the programme, participants should be able to :
- Recognize the phrases involved in cross-cultural negotiations
- Know how to plan and prepare for each negotiation phase
- Evalute and refine your current negotiation style to different situations
- Handle cultural implications and overcome barriers to negotiation
- Negotiate confidently and effectively, while maintaining constructive relationships
- Adopt a more positive and confident approach to influencing and negotiating
- Use different negotiating styles and how to respond to them
- Apply the key skills of successful negotiators
- Introduction to business negotiation
- Perspectives of cross-cultural negotiation
- Impact of culture on the people dimension of negotiation
- Self-assessment - Discover my own negotiation profile
- Dealing with obstacles and cross-cultural issues
- Distributive vs Integrative negotiation
- Position vs Interest negotiation
- Principled negotiation
- Pre-negotiation preparation and setting objectives
- Four elements of effective negotiations
- Negotiation techniques and strategies
- Key negotiation styles and strategies
- Communicating and influencing strategies
- The making of a successful negotiator
Recommended for managers, executives, buyers, procurement officers and other staff who want to enhance their negotiation skills to close better deals.
The benefits include:
- Greater understanding of the cultural implications of negotiating across cultures
- The ability to adapt your existing negotiation skills for an international context
- Awareness of the linguistic challenges using your negotiation skills internationally
- Practical strategies in preparing for and achieving successful negotiations
- Practice of negotiation principles, strategies and techniques
- Discuss and share real life experiences
- Case studies
- Video-clip simulations
Cidi is trained in the area of People Development in the UK. He possesses a Master of Science Degree in Training from the University of Leicester (UK). He also holds an Advanced Diploma in Administrative Management (UK). Cidi is a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (UK) and is a member founder of the Institute of Leadership and Management (UK). He also holds Fellowship with the Institute of Administrative Management (UK).
Cidi is a DiSC® Certified Human Behaviour Analyst and an Accredited Administrator for the FIRO-B® and the MBTI® personality type profiling instruments. He is also a People Developer Consultant and WDA-ACTA Certified Trainer and Assessor.
*Programme is accurate at the time of print
Day/Date: 19 June 2019, Wed
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00p m
Venue : 160 Robinson Road, SBF Center, #06-01, Singapore 068914
Fee per pax :
SBF Member- S$420.00
Non Member - S$530.00
For more information, please contact:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Ms. Josephine Ong)
Call: 6701 1135
Other payment modes:
1) Electronic Payment
Internet banking services with UOB or DBS via Billing Organization.
2) VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
3) Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to:
160 Robinson Rd #06-01
SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant name at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along the cheque on the day of workshop.
If you have further enquires or clarifications, please contact email@example.com | 6701 1135
NOTE: As a precautionary measure, our advice is for members who are unwell not to attend the session.
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The Information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these event. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.