Gone are the days where procurement agreements are easy to understand negotiate and draft. In a highly complex world of international commerce and trade, having a good understanding of procurement agreement is vital.
In this 1-day workshop, participants will be taught the various skills on how procurement agreements will be secured, including other techniques on how to draft and vet a procurement agreement. The course will consist of practical advices, group discussion, case studies, and negotiations exercises to better illustrate to participants.
Essentials of a procurement agreement
- Key points to note in a procurement agreement
- How are procurement agreements structured?
- The challenges in structuring procurement agreement
Evaluating the risk and issues in a procurement agreement
- Definition of risk in procurement agreement
- Weighing the practical consideration in a procurement agreement
- The key points to note when considering the risk in a procurement agreement
Key Contracting Terms in a Procurement agreement
- Key terms in a procurement agreement
- What are the key clauses in a procurement agreement?
- What to look out for in a procurement agreement?
- Indemnity & Warrant Clauses in a Procurement agreement
Indemnity & Warrant Clauses in a Procurement agreement
- Definition of an indemnity clause
- How indemnity clause should be negotiated
- Key points to look after an indemnity clause has been negotiated
Role of insurance in contracts In a Procurement agreement
- Interpreting insurance clause in commercial contracts
- Insurance and the art of negotiating insurance clause
Limiting liability in a procurement agreement
- Signing a limited liability agreement
- Inserting limited liability clauses into a procurement agreement
- The art of negotiating this limited liability clause
The key points to note when signing a procurement agreement
The due diligence process when negotiating a procurement agreement
The key points to note when concluding a procurement agreement
The art of negotiating procurement agreement in Asia
Arbitration Clause and Government Law Course
Is Arbitration the best way to resolve conflicts
The choice of law and venue
How can Arbitration work in overseas jurisdiction?
Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism
Definition of Alternative Dispute Resolution
How does Alternative Dispute Resolution operate?
The key elements of Alternative Dispute Resolution
Who Should Attend
Executives, contracts managers, programme managers, project engineers, managing directors, group financial controllers, company directors, sales directors, business managers, financial controllers, marketing managers and executives, business advisers, bankers, consultants, company secretaries, administrators, credit executives, finance and operation executives, maintenance managers, accounts supervisors
LLB (Honours), University of London
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Victoria University
David Shanmugam has many years of legal practice in the private sector and is presently working in a legal firm. He is also an Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore.
He regularly conducts legal seminars and workshops for Directors, HR and Finance professionals on business and company law as well as various practical legal issues faced by corporate individuals. His forte is in the field of corporate and commercial drafting of contracts, including commercial company matters. Over the years, he has also conducted many in-house training for high profile corporate clients.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/sbf with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
- Upon registration, please make payment using Credit Card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of the change with at least 3 working days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the event to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other Payment Modes:
- Electronic Payment (Preferred payment mode. Document reference - Please key in 8-digit invoice number)
Corporate PayNow (UEN: T02SS0073H),
Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
- VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
- Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to:
160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant(s) name(s) at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along your cheque on the day of event.
Ref No: SB190434
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.