Myanmar is opening up more ways for inflow of foreign investment and has significantly relaxed certain restrictions sought to protect its domestic market. Many investors, however, may not be fully aware of the new ways and areas of investing in Myanmar under the new regulatory regime introduced by the new Myanmar Companies laws in August 2018.
- Myanmar's investment laws and new changes to the retail and wholesale landscape
- Significant changes under new Myanmar Companies Act
- Strategies and tools to safeguard foreign investors under the new company law regime
- Looking beyond the legal aspects – sharing of real business cases and experiences of doing businesses in Myanmar
Who Should Attend
This workshop aims to
provide guidance to companies and businesses considering venturing into Myanmar
to explore new options available when they enter into this new frontier. This
would be an interesting and interactive session for the companies to engage in
deep discussion on real issues, challenging obstacles that they may come across
in doing business with the locals.
Senior or middle management staff of local businesses looking to venture into Myanmar as their next potential market expansion
Florence Goh is partner and the Head of Corporate department of Joseph Tan Jude Benny LLP. Her area of expertise covers a broad spectrum of corporate work which includes negotiating and advising her clients on cross border deals for foreign investments, joint ventures, collaborations, mergers and acquisitions in various countries including Myanmar and Indonesia. Her area of practice also expanded into the digital space where she assists clients to venture into Fintech and e-commerce online business. With her years of work involving Myanmar, she is well positioned to provide direction and offer professional consulting and legal advice to anyone keen to venture into the new land of opportunities within the new regulatory framework.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/sbf with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
- Upon registration, please make payment using Credit Card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of the change with at least 3 working days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the event to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other Payment Modes:
- Electronic Payment (Preferred payment mode. Document reference - Please key in 8-digit invoice number)
Corporate PayNow (UEN: T02SS0073H),
Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
- VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
- Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to:
160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant(s) name(s) at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along your cheque on the day of event.
Ref No: SB190524
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.