Warehouse and Inventory management is used to measure how much stocks you have at any one time and how you keep track of it. It applies to every item you used to produce a product or service from raw materials to finished goods. An organisation’s success and efficiency can be affected by its warehouse operations. Efficient inventory management can save money, help retain customers and maintain continuous operations.
1. Introduction to Warehouse Management
- objectives, responsibilities, accountabilities, warehouse management cycle
2. Analysis of stocks
- main types of inventory
- analysis of demand
- analysis of supply
- calculation of stock holding requirement
- forecasting techniques
- effective inventory management (ABC), analysis, FIFO & LIFO
3. Warehouse methods
- goods inwards, goods outwards
- stock location
- order picking
4. Managing warehouse activities
- unloading and receiving goods
- carry out the tasks involved in receipt and issue
- carry out goods inspection procedure
- procedure for goods issue
- putting away in the bulk storage
- transfer from bulk storage to order picking section
- types of storage and material handling equipment
- assembly of orders
- checking, packing, despatch
- Assist in monitoring stock level, improved customer service and implementation of JIT (just-in-time).
- Provide participants with tools and techniques to reduce organisation’s total cost of operations
Who Should Attend
Junior and middle management staff with the responsibility over inventory control, stock take and warehouse management.
Pavan Sharma has over 20 years of international experience in engineering, logistics and supply chain, process improvement, business development, corporate training and consultancy with 10 years of managing at top senior level. He is a proven leader and expert contributor to organisational goals in increasing revenue and cost management.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/sbf with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
- Upon registration, please make payment using Credit Card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of the change with at least 3 working days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the event to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other Payment Modes:
- Electronic Payment (Preferred payment mode. Document reference - Please key in 8-digit invoice number)
Corporate PayNow (UEN: T02SS0073H),
Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
- VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
- Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to:
160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant(s) name(s) at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along your cheque on the day of event.
Ref No: SB190642
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.