Business design thinking is a process that is human-centred and needs-driven. It focuses on uncovering and meeting unarticulated, unmet needs of customers in order to create innovative products and services for their ever-changing tastes. This is an especially critical skill in the digital age.
Applying Design Thinking's user-centered approaches uncover new opportunities in new markets that can help establish effective strategies for sustainable business growth. Design Thinking concept provides businesses with ideas of what are the "real" market needs and how to meet them effectively. It allows the formulation of business strategies amongst a multi-disciplinary team based on "deep" actionable insights rather than assumptions or mere gut feelings. This minimises the risks of innovation and at the same time promotes a customer-centric culture which is critical for continuous improvement and growth in enterprises.
DAY 1 :
1. Introducing The Concept of Design Thinking
- What is Design Thinking ?
- Why is Design Thinking relevant in today's businesses ?
- Sharing of Client-Project Case Study and exemplary organisations
2. Be Curious of Everything - The 3Ts
- What is Photo-Journaling ?
- Ways to capture customer experiences
- Out-of-class practice
3. Planning the Photo-Journaling
- What variation to use ?
- Establishing the exploratory statement
- Group practice
4. Uncovering the Unarticulated Unmet Need
- The definition of Unarticulated Unmet Need
- How to uncover the unmet need ?
- Group practice
DAY 2 :
1. Recap of lessons and examples learnt in Day 1
- How can you apply empathy at work ?
- Group sharing
2. Creating "Wild to WOW" ideas To Meet Unmet Needs
- Learn Divergent Principles of generating Wild ideas
- Learn Convergent Principles of converting Wild ideas into WOW ideas
- Group practice
3. Co-creating the Solution Concept
- Synergising WOW ideas into a breakthrough solution concept
- Group practice
4. Prototyping Resources and Capabilities
- Identifying resources and capabilities to guarantee success
- Group activity
5. Identifying Quick Wins
- identify high impact low resource ideas for quick wins
- Group activity
6. Presenting and Critiquing The Concept
- Group presentation activity
The 2-day workshop introduces the popular principles and methodologies of Design Thinking's Empathy, Creativity and Strategy phases to encourage customer-centric innovations resulting in sustainable business growth. Workshop pedagogy comprises of a balance blend of interactive lectures, group work, individual practice, class discussions and out-of-class application.
Who Should Attend
C-Suite, Business owners/leaders, Line Managers, Senior Executives who are responsible for decision making on business strategy, innovation, productivity and process improvement for their organization.
Bachelor of Science, Hospitality Management (Florida International University, Miami USA)
Prior to his graduation from FIU in 2001, Alfred was selected by The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company LLC as Market Research Analyst to open The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park. After returning to Singapore, he continued his passion at The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore and went on to join Raffles Hotels & Resorts. His area of focus was Sales & Marketing, Special Events & Services and Employee Quality Selection. Alfred also dedicated 4 years of his career path to teaching in Singapore Polytechnic as a full-time lecturer where he developed and taught modules and curriculum specialising in Tourism and Business Design Thinking.
Bachelor in Business Administration with Honours (NUS), NUS Scholar
Master of Science (MSc) in Research
Ken's unique talent lies in his ability to synergise his sharp analytical mind and creative spirit to create user-centric innovations for sustainable growth. Ken spent more than 10 years with Singapore Polytechnic as a full-time lecturer where he developed and taught modules and curriculum specialising in Statistics and Business Design Thinking.
In 2010, both Alfred and Ken were among the selected few in Asia to go through an intensive 1-year certification programme from Rotman, the University of Toronto's prestigious graduate business school on Business Design Thinking methodology. They frequently practice, facilitate and impart their knowledge of Business Design Thinking to many SMEs, government agencies and learning institutions on educational and commercial level. They have been involved in Business Design workshops and consultancy projects for B2B and B2C enterprises ranging from diverse industries such as education, fashion retail, furniture retail, F&B, healthcare, social innovation and tourism etc.
Both Alfred and Ken are Singapore Certified Management Consultant by TUV SUD PSB.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/sbf with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
- Upon registration, please make payment using Credit Card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of the change with at least 3 working days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the event to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other Payment Modes:
- Electronic Payment (Preferred payment mode. Document reference - Please key in 8-digit invoice number)
Corporate PayNow (UEN: T02SS0073H),
Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
- VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
- Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to:
160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant(s) name(s) at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along your cheque on the day of event.
Ref No: SB200002
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.