As trade barriers fall and local market demand dynamics shift, organisations face mounting pressures to internationalise. A crucial part of their strategy depends on developing deep understanding of the overseas markets and their organisations' alignment with the opportunities and threats presented by such markets.
All entry modes into overseas markets, ranging from pure export to wholly-owned subsidiaries have their advantages and risks, depending on the characteristics of the country of origin and the overseas market.
This 1-day high impact workshop presents a practical overview of the strategic choices to be made by organisations when considering the right mode of entries into overseas markets - in particular, the readiness of the organisation to expand overseas and the often overlooked issues arising from local business dynamics.
As part of the facilitation, participants will discuss one or more real-life case studies and consider how these are relevant to their own organisations. Through thorough discussions and reflection, they will derive practical insights when considering relevant entry modes into their selected overseas markets.
Who Should Attend
Senior/middle management staff who are involved in planning for business expansion and/or internationalisation.
Jeanette Ng regularly advises organisations on how to drive and support sustainable business growth and implement expansion plans within the region, combining strategic, operational, financial, legal and other drivers into a practical implementation framework.
She was previously the Global Head of Strategy for an international conglomerate and the former Chief Financial Officer of a leading chemicals group. She also sat on cross-border Project Steering Committees for greenfield and brownfield projects as well as various boards of directors.
Jeanette is also part of the associate faculty at NUS, SMU, NTU and other universities. She is the frequent recipient and nominee of various teaching awards over the years.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/sbf with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
- Upon registration, please make payment using Credit Card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of the change with at least 3 working days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the event to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other Payment Modes:
- Electronic Payment (Preferred payment mode. Document reference - Please key in 8-digit invoice number)
Corporate PayNow (UEN: T02SS0073H),
Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
- VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
- Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to:
160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant(s) name(s) at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along your cheque on the day of event.
Ref No: SB200020
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.