The role of procurement and supply management within the wider supply chain is the most strategic, particularly in terms of insight into market development, market creation and an understanding of future risks and challenges that an organization faces. With an increased emphasis on collaboration, partnership, resilience and outsourcing, blended with a focus on relationship management, networking capabilities and broader commercial acumen, it’s time to examine and relook into the importance of procurement and supply at the strategic level.
This workshop provides participants with the latest information and knowledge needed for a good understanding of the nature of procurement and to conduct oneself in an accountable and ethical manner to all stakeholders in the private and public sectors.
1. Procurement Process and Execution
- Procurement lifecycle, concept of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Value For Money (VFM)
- Sourcing process
- Defining evaluation criteria
- Procurement principles
- Procurement lifecycle (PLC): Definition, Overview of the different stages
- Stakeholder management
- 5 Rights of Purchasing
- Specification development: Definition, Value Engineering and Analysis, Standardisation, Difference between product and service specification etc
- Supplier analysis : Evaluation and Selection
- Adding value in procurement
2. Types of Procurement Structure and Systems
- Centralised vs Decentralised Procurement
3. Accountability and Ethics
- Hybrid Structures
- Purchasing systems to fit structures
- e-Procurement and how it changed the environment
- Code of general procurement ethics
- Accountability of a procurement officer
- How to deal with conflict of interest
- How to deal with gifts and hospitality
- Dealing with suppliers ethically
Who Should Attend
Purchasing executives and managers who are responsible in procurement and acquisition functions in their organization
Pavan Sharma has over 20 years of international experience in engineering, logistics and supply chain, process improvement, business development, corporate training and consultancy with more than 10 years of managing at top senior level. He is a proven leader and an excellent contributor to organizational goals in increasing revenue and controlling costs.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/sbf with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
- Upon registration, please make payment using Credit Card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of the change with at least 3 working days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the event to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other Payment Modes:
- Electronic Payment (Preferred payment mode. Document reference - Please key in 8-digit invoice number)
Corporate PayNow (UEN: T02SS0073H),
Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
- VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
- Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to:
160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant(s) name(s) at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along your cheque on the day of event.
Ref No: SB200022
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.