This is a 1-day virtual learning programme. Upon successful registration and payment, registrants will be sent a web link and access details of the workshop.
In any corporate business environment, understanding finance and accounting is no longer an option for management and executives. In fact, organisations will be able to perform better and achieve optimal result if all employees in the organisation are able to apply finance and accounting tools in their job functions.
Companies cannot plan strategically unless they understand their base cost and the various facets of cost accounting process that could affect their business functions and bottom line.
1. Overview of Cost and Management Accounting
- Differences between financial accounting and management accounting
- Differences between marginal costing and absorption costing
- Concepts of relevant cost
- Benefits of standard costing and budgetary costing
2. Budgeting and Variance Analysis
- Interpretation, investigation and limitations; labour and materials
3. Cost Volume Profit (breakeven) Analysis
- Cost behaviour, fixed costs, variable costs, semi-variable costs, breakeven analysis, contribution, margin of safety
4. Short-term Decision Making
- Decision criteria, applications
- Acceptance of special contracts
- Make or buy decisions
Note: Participants are to use calculator for this workshop
- Understand the various costs affecting cost accounting
- Know how cost accounting information are organised
- Create an efficient cost analysis system to make meaningful recommendations resulting in quality business decisions
Who Should Attend
Managers and executives who are not working in accounting roles but need to understand how basic accounting works to apply cost accounting related techniques when making business decisions.
Lim Kaim Soon
CA(SINGAPORE), EMBA(HELSINKI), FCCA (UK), BBA (HONS), NUS
Kaim Soon graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor degree (honours) in Business Administration (majoring in finance & investment). He is also a fellow member of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants, UK. Kaim Soon completed his Executive MBA at the Helsinki School of Economics (now Aalto University), Finland.
Kaim Soon has been a corporate trainer specializing in accounting and financial management, working with various local and overseas consulting and training institutes. He conducts regular workshops, seminars and in-house group training to senior management and staff of statutory boards and business corporations.
Through his own company, he provides financial consultancy services to local as well as foreign companies in Singapore. His areas of specialization include financial & management accounting, corporate investment and financing, as well as corporate due diligence. He prefers to adopt unique training methods as the emphasis is application-oriented i.e. learn-apply-related to what the individual does in his/her work. He often uses the actual corporate financial data to perform and show financial analysis in the real business world.
Kaim Soon’s past corporate working experiences include financial control and general management in banking, insurance, retail and manufacturing industries.
- Please logon to https://login.sbf.org.sg/sbf with your Username and Password to register.
- Please create an account for registration if you do not have an existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF)
- Upon registration, please make payment using Credit Card via online payment platform. Auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation will be allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of the change with at least 3 working days’ notice prior to event to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Payments are required with registration and must be received prior the event to guarantee your place.
- Participants will only be admitted if payment/proof of payment has been received prior to the event or on event day.
- You will still be liable for the payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the event.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel or make any adjustments to the event.
Other Payment Modes:
- Electronic Payment (Preferred payment mode. Document reference - Please key in 8-digit invoice number)
Corporate PayNow (UEN: T02SS0073H),
Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
- VISA/MASTERCARD Terminal
Payment can be made via our VISA/MasterCard terminal in our office
- Cheque Payment
Please cross your cheque payable to Singapore Business Federation and send it to:
160 Robinson Rd #06-01, SBF Center, Singapore 068914
Please indicate the Invoice number, Company and Participant(s) name(s) at the back of the cheque.
If you have registered less than 5 working days before the event date, please bring along your cheque on the day of event.
Ref No: SB200408
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your situation, please inform our staff.