The notion of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is not well received and understood by many SMEs. To many of the SMEs, CSR relates to charity and charity is about writing a cheque to donate.
However, CSR is much broader than donations/charity/events. It has to be imbedded into your business, the way you do business. If this is done properly, CSR will lead to better business and better financial outcome.
This training is designed to promote and enhance adoption of CSR and encourage corporate giving in Singapore, focusing on contributions from SMEs and collectively to build an inclusive Singapore.
- Aware and excited about the significant evolution in the world of CSR. Today, the terms that are being used include:
Purpose | Social impact | Shared values
Sustainability | Business for good | Social entrepreneurship
- Focus on social impact, inclusiveness and community, rather than the environment.
- Attitude as an SME, towards CSR as creating long term positive business impact
- Different ways and options of moving forward with CSR initiatives
- Tools to help measure your progress, and map your journey forward
The training will be conducted online over 5 half-day sessions, facilitated by trainers who are established locally and internationally in CSR.
Learning Objectives (no more than 5 key objectives)
After the workshop, participants should be able to:
- What is CSR – Biz Impact; Why do this? Does it really work?
- Measuring – tools to help measure your progress
- Building a Community-Driven Development
- Creating a Community Roadmap – mapping your journey forward
- Impact Models
Who Should Attend
Business Owners, Directors, Senior managers, CSR managers and managers of companies who are interested to start or are already conducting some form of CSR engagements/activities.
*Please noted that we are prioritising companies, whom will benefit more from this training, with 50 to 200 employees and have intention to start or have some form of CSR activities (NOT companies that already have CSR as an integrated part of business strategy.
Ms Michelle Lim
Judge for the Singapore Media Awards
Board Member of International Charity Organisation Solution to End Poverty
Serial Entrepreneur featured in the Straits Times. Xin Min Daily, FM93.8 and The Edge Singapore
In late 2012, she initiated Make-The-Change - a social enterprise that engaging design students and gurus to help NGOs in creative execution for campaign or fundraising. In short 3 years, her MTC has helped 75 organisations in various type of marketing campaigns and design execution, 40 skilled-designers and directors were activated for pro-bono services.
Mr Thomas Ng
Prior to starting-up Genashtim, Thomas had spent 25 years as a senior international executive, in roles like Regional MD, CEO, and Country Manager, with major multinational companies, in Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Leveraging technology and the internet, Genashtim operates entirely on the cloud with almost 90% of its staff being people with different disabilities, working from the comfort, safety and convenience of their homes across more than 10 countries. For what it does, Genashtim has received recognition from many international organizations like UNESCAP, the ICEVI, The Nippon Foundation and BCorp.
Mr Jason Yip
Jason has dedicated his over ten years of career to towards driving sustainable development in Singapore. He has been involved in the creation and execution of innovative projects related to carbon footprint assessment, industrial energy efficiency and improving urban quality of life through public and private sector roles.
In NVPC, Jason is now driving the co-design and co-development of a National Blueprint and Framework on Corporate Purpose to help shape the collective vision for a purpose-driven corporate sector towards sustainable growth and profitability.
Mr Joshua Foong
Joshua has worked at the cross-sections between the business and social sectors for the past 5 years. He founded the tech-based social enterprise “bantu” in 2016, which sought to empower non-profits in the area of volunteer management using CRM systems. Joshua presently leads the Strategy and Data Analytics work in the Company of Good team, where he champions the use of data and the 4I Framework to study and improve corporate-giving behaviour.
Joshua is also a start-up trainer with Reactor, where he has worked with hundreds of students to develop their entrepreneurial drive and competencies.
The Hush Experience, is a unique 4-zone journey of experiential empathy, completely led by our Deaf facilitators and supported by Persons-in-Recovery from Mental Health Conditions (PIRs).
HUSH+anywhere is a digital space of silence, where you can take time to pause and reflect, breathe to regulate your emotions, and build care and empathy for yourself and others, to foster social cohesion as well as personal and professional resilience.
Date: CSR in Action: Business Impact Training
14, 15, 19, 20, 21 Apr 2021
Time: 9.30am to 1pm
Cost/person: This programme is fully subsidized by SBFF.
*The full programme fee of S$1,606 (incl GST) will be charged if the registered participants failed to complete the workshop.
For more information, contact Samuel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please log on with your Username and Password to register. If you have no existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF), please create one for registration.
- Upon registration, you can make payment directly by PayPal (for Credit / Debit Card), PayNow Corporate or Bank Transfer. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of this change, giving at least 3 working days’ notice prior to the date of the workshop to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Full payment must be received with registration prior to the date of the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Admission into the workshop is only allowed if payment / proof of payment has been received prior to the day.
- Participants will still be liable for payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the workshop.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel, postpone, reschedule or make any adjustments to the workshop where necessary
Select one of the following electronic payment options available (Please key in the invoice number for our reference)
- PayPal (pay by Credit or Debit card)
- PayNow Corporate (UEN: T02SS0073H)
- Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
Ref No.: SB210053
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.