SBF Foundation Empathy Series 2021
Taking place last Friday of every month from Jan 2021.
You will learn about disabilities, the strengths of people in need or what it takes to create kindness culture in the workplace and others.
Dementia Friendly Community
Join ADA’s talk as we cover non-medical topics on Dementia. Discover more ways to recognise and assist persons with dementia and refer them to community resources for support.
This talk will also focus on how businesses can be part of this journey to build an inclusive dementia friendly community. Besides being introduced to a three-staged framework, learn what are some of the concrete steps a business can take to be part of this journey to be dementia inclusive.
In the face of rising life expectancy and an aging population, business organizations are key to building an inclusive dementia friendly community.
“Whatever life throws at me, I will keep on fighting.”
-Mr Anjang Rosli, person living with dementia (young onset dementia and Lewy Body dementia). As an advocate for dementia, Anjang actively educates others and helps them understand more about dementia—showing through his courage that despite dementia, he is still a force to be reckoned with.
“I live my life with dignity and pride, despite dementia.”
-Mr Peter Lim, person living with dementia. After being diagnosed with dementia for a decade, he does not allow this condition to define him.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen has 7 years of experience in the eldercare and dementia-care sectors and is our most visible face in public education and community engagement.
She is trained in ADA's Person-Centred Care approach, and constantly updates her knowledge of dementia-care through the courses conducted by ADA Academy, the Agency for Integrated Care, Social Service Institute and The Management Development Institute of Singapore.
She reaches out to hundreds of volunteers, healthcare professionals and members of the public through public education talks that explain dementia from a non-medical perspective and address the unwarranted stigma and myths behind the condition.
Mary-Ann works with different communities to cultivate and foster dementia inclusive communities.
As part of her work, Mary-Ann is involved in several working groups including the Ang Mo Kio Partners Network, the Toa Payoh-Bishan Partners Network, and the Kebun Baru CNS2.0 Partners Network. She believes in collaborative efforts to build communities and has worked with different community partners, government agencies, corporates and volunteers including involvements in several collaborative projects to build inclusive dementia friendly communities in the various neighbourhoods.
Mary-Ann was also the lead from ADA in the inaugural nation-wide survey on dementia with SMU and for the Dementia Language Guidelines that was launched to advocate the use of the appropriate language to address dementia stigma.
- Please log on with your Username and Password to register. If you have no existing account with Singapore Business Federation (SBF), please create one for registration.
- Upon registration, you can make payment directly by PayPal (for Credit / Debit Card), PayNow Corporate or Bank Transfer. An auto e-acknowledgement and invoice will be sent to your registered email.
- No cancellation is allowed upon registration but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company due to exigency could be facilitated. Please notify SBF of this change, giving at least 3 working days’ notice prior to the date of the workshop to enable logistical arrangements for the replacement.
- Full payment must be received with registration prior to the date of the workshop to guarantee your place.
- Admission into the workshop is only allowed if payment / proof of payment has been received prior to the day.
- Participants will still be liable for payment in the event of no-show on actual day of the workshop.
- SBF reserves the right to cancel, postpone, reschedule or make any adjustments to the workshop where necessary
Select one of the following electronic payment options available (Please key in the invoice number for our reference)
- PayPal (pay by Credit or Debit card)
- PayNow Corporate (UEN: T02SS0073H)
- Bank Transfer (Bank / Branch Code: 7375 / 018, Account No: 118-313-180-5)
Billing Organisation via UOB or DBS Website/Mobile app
Ref No : SB210240
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these events. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.