The Singapore Business Institute is pleased to organize a workshop on “Letters of Credit: An In-Depth Understanding for Importers and Exporters”. Upon completion of the workshop, the participant will be granted an attendance certificate.
Day/Date: 16 & 17 Aug 2017, Wed & Thur
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Fee per pax (incl. GST): S$640.00(Member) | S$1,050.00(Non-Member)
Venue : 160 Robinson Road, SBF Center, #06-01, S068914
- Overview of Methods of Payment and Trade Facilities in international Trade
- Trade Documents commonly used in International Trade - Bills of Exchange, Bills of Lading, Invoices, packing List, Insurance, Cert of origin etc
- Trade terms commonly used in International Trade - FOB, CFR, CIF, FCA, CIP,CPT, EXW, FAS, DDP, DDU, DAF, DES, DEQ
- Step by Step detailed flowcharts and Samples on how various types of Letter of Credit works
- Cost Saving Areas in LC transactions which your bankers will never tell you
- Why payments are often delayed in LC transactions and how to overcome this
- Date of Issue, Shipment, Presentation; Date and Place of Expiry
- Role and Liability of Banks and Rights of Recourse
- Practical pointers when applying for a Letter of Credit (Importer)
- How to prepare and check documents to avoid discrepancies
- Discussion on Discrepancies - Why; How To Resolve
- Practical pointers for Exporters when presenting documents under a Letter of Credit
- Common LC Discrepancies checklist
- Detailed checklists for Exporters and Importers
- Concept of Confirmed LC and "Silent Confirmation LC"
- Advantage & Risks of using "LC - TT/SWIFT Reimbursement Allowed" to both exporter & Importers
- Application of UCP 600 in Letter of Credit.
- Back to Back LC and Transferable LC
- Practical exercises/case studies
* This is an ICC Academy accredited course. 6 PDCs will be awarded at the completion of this programme.
For more information on accreditation, please log on to http://icc.academy/
*Programme is accurate at the time of print
Training expenditure qualifies your company for up to 400% tax deductions or up to 40% cash payouts under the Productivity and Innovation Credit (PIC).
Please email to email@example.com to reserve a seat, this will be followed by a confirmation email.
Upon confirmation, please prepare a cheque to SBF (refer to address on above letterhead).
Cheque should be made payable to “Singapore Business Federation”. Please indicate the Ref No. and company’s name, participant’s name at the back of the cheque.
Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. No cancellation will be allowed upon registration, but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is allowed. We regret that no refund and full fees will be charged for cancellation or non-attendance.
Confirmation of your registration will be emailed to your company upon receipt of full payment.
NOTE: As a precautionary measure, our advice is for members who are unwell not to attend the session.
For more information, please contact:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Ms Josephine Ong)
Call: 6701 1135
*Information is correct at the time of print
All information, materials and related graphics contained herein and/or provided in the course of the training session(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Information and Materials”) are intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Singapore Business Federation does not claim ownership of any of the Information and Materials provided by the external training vendor(s). The information and Materials may from time to time include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and changes may be added periodically as may be necessary. Please note that photography, audio and video recording may occur during these event. All photography, audio and video recording may be used by Singapore Business Federation for education, marketing, promotional and/or publication purposes. If you do not wish to have your image recorded or published, for compelling and legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation, please inform our staff.