(Registration of Interest)
Islamic Republic of Iran from 19 - 25 May 2017
Republic of Armenia, from 25 - 27 May 2017
SBF’s Middle East Business Group (MEBG) is organising its 6th Business Mission to the Islamic Republic of Iran from 19 - 25 May 2017. The mission was originally slated for March 2017, but will now be postponed due to developments in Iran. The mission will visit Iran’s political and economic capital, Tehran.
The secretariat may also consider visiting Mashhad, Iran’s second most populous city and its tourism hub, as well as organising sector-specific day-trips to the oil and gas region of Assaluyeh and the Bandar Abbas port, subject to delegation composition and interest.
The following sector-specific tracks are being arranged. Other tracks may also be included, depending on the delegation composition / relevance:
- Track 1: Oil & Gas and Petrochemicals
- Track 2: Shipping, Ports and Logistics
- Track 3: Infrastructure, Construction and Real Estate
- Track 4: Consumer Goods, General Trade and Others
In addition, there is also an optional extension for interested delegates to visit Yerevan, the capital and largest city of the Republic of Armenia, from 25 - 27 May 2017.
The objectives of this mission are for participants to gain a first-hand understanding of the market dynamics and emerging sectors in light of recent developments, and establish useful business and official contacts through our network of associations and chambers, investment promotion agencies and professional services.
Mission Programme Highlights
- Briefing sessions on the country's latest developments, investment and busines opportunities, tax and legal systems
- Meetings and site visits with various local conglomerates and government ministries where relevant
- Business matching and networking with members of the respective local business communities, as well as representatives of the chambers and associations, government ministries, key conglomerates and Singapore companies there
- Singapore roadshows, which will be coupled with networking sessions with the local business community
Please contact Ms Eileen Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) to indicate your interest and regions you may wish to visit, such that you can be kept informed of updates. The secretariat can also keep your interests in mind in programme arrangements.
Facts about Iran
- Highly educated population of 80.8 million with median age of 28.3 years and a large middle class
- Touts one of the most diverse economies in the Middle East and is the world’s 18th largest in terms of purchasing power parity (PPP)
- Key Manufacturing Industries include iron and steel, ceramics and tiles, construction material, carpets and handicrafts, bitumen and petrochemicals, oil and gas equipment and automotive parts
- Abundance of Natural Resources – natural gas (18% of global reserves), oil (4th largest in the world), coal, chromium, copper, iron ore, lead, manages, zinc etc are present in large quantities
- Potential Opportunities lie in construction and infrastructure, automotive, information and communications, agriculture, tourism and hospitality (particularly hotel construction and development), mining, transport and logistics, oil and gas, FMCG, halal food products, pharmaceuticals.