Registration of Interest
Singapore Business Federation will be convening a business mission to Andhra Pradesh from 24 – 28 February 2018 in conjunction with a high-level visit and the Partnership Summit 2018 on “Charting New India’s Global Integration Strategy”. Delegates will be visiting Visakhapatnam (Vizag), Andhra Pradesh’s largest city and financial capital, and Vijayawada, the second most populous city. Visits for interested delegates will also be organised to Amaravati, the state’s new capital city, which Singapore is partnering the Andhra Pradesh government to develop.
The objective of the mission is for delegates to better understand India’s global integration strategy / foreign economic policy and Singapore’s role in the Amaravati project, the opportunities stemming from it, and how Singapore companies may be able to participate. It is also intended to promote Singapore and increase the profile of Singapore companies in Andhra Pradesh, as well as provide opportunities for Singapore companies to meet and network with government officials and potential business counterparts.
Highlights of the mission include:
Partnership Summit, where delegates will hear from Indian government and business leaders, and also have the opportunity to contribute as panellists where relevant
Singapore Roadshow to promote Singapore and increase the profile of Singapore companies on the delegation
Briefing sessions on the country’s latest developments, investment and business opportunities, and tax and legal systems
Business matching, networking and site visits with various members of India-based business chambers and associations, government ministries, and key conglomerates
The mission intends to run sector-specific tracks for the following:
Track 1: Professional Services
Track 2: Transport & Logistics
Track 3: Infrastructure and Urbanisation
Track 4: High-Value Services (eg. ICT / digital economy, financial services, education etc)
Please note that this is dependent on the eventual delegation composition and relevance. Other tracks may also be considered.
For more information on the programme and costs, please contact Ms Eileen Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org / 6827 6874). Registration for the mission will close on 14 Feb (Wed).
Key Facts on Andhra Pradesh
- GSDP (2014 – 15): US$85.8 billion, (US$1,751 per capita)
- Ranked no. 1 in East of Doing Business by the World Bank
- 8th largest state by size (160,205 km²) with population of 49 million (India’s 10th largest)
- The Vizag port ranks 4th in terms of port traffic in India, and handled 61.02 million tonnes in 2016-17
- Pre-separation, Andhra Pradesh was one of the fastest growing states in India, with GSDP expanding at a CAGR of 13 percent to US$108.5 billion between 2011-12 and 2016-17
- Singapore is partnering the Andhra Pradesh government to develop its new capital city, Amaravati, which needs to be established by 2024
- S$14 billion worth of infrastructure development opportunities available in the next 4 years of development